Leadership SC Class Project Update
Date of Reality Fair: Scheduled to take place in April 2022
Target Audience: 200 students currently a part of the DIG program
Location: USC Salkehatchie – Allendale Campus (no cost to Leadership SC for using space)
Partners: DIG organization, Junior Achievement (curriculum development), Barnwell School District 45
– January: Coordinate pre-event curriculum with DIG.; secure location for the Reality Fair; firm budget projection, begin meeting with committee co-chairs and DIG organization.
– February: Confirm booth participants/ stations (up to 50 booths/vendors), secure tables, chairs, additional materials, meet with committee co-chairs and DIG organization.
– March: Finalize details with vendors/facility and catering, host call with volunteers on details and expectations, meet with committee co-chairs and DIG organization.
– April: The Reality Fair will take place.
– May: Post-event wrap-up, lessons learned, host virtual follow-up with LSC Members.
Fundraising Committee: This committee will be responsible for raising capital and operating funds necessary to fulfill the funding needs of the LSC class project.
– Co-Chairs: Daniel Prohaska/Robert Hucks
Marketing Committee: This committee will be responsible for creating marketing campaigns, promoting the LSC class project, creating advertising, and posting on social media platforms.
– Co-Chairs: Karen Potter/Brian Carter
Community Outreach Committee: This committee will be responsible for establishing relationships and partnerships within the local communities where the LSC class project will occur.
– Co-Chairs: Venyke Harley/Naomi Lett
Planning Committee: This committee will ensure the project’s planning stays on track and in line with the overall scheduled timeline.
– Co-Chairs: Jacqueline Inabinette/Virginia Riley
Curriculum Development Committee: This committee will be responsible for the overall development of the financial literacy curriculum.
– Co-Chairs: Rosline Sumter/Amy Carter